James River Family Dentistry is pleased to offer full and partial dentures for patients who are missing most or all of their teeth. Fabricated out of high quality acrylic and resin, today’s dentures are natural looking and more comfortable than ever before. The removable appliances are designed to fit securely over your gums and act as replacement teeth in their function and aesthetics. After an impression of your mouth and existing teeth is taken, your dentures are custom-made to fit over your gums so the fit and size are the best for you.
Benefits of Dentures
If you are missing teeth, it is not just a cosmetic problem, it can also affect the quality of your life by making it more difficult to speak and chew food properly. Dentures can restore the function of your mouth so that smiling and speaking is no longer a problem, but rather a pleasure. Other benefits of include:
- Cost effective solution to restoring missing teeth and bringing function back to your bite.
- Thanks to advancements in materials, modern dentures are designed to withstand the test of time as they are strong and durable.
- Increased self-confidence comes from the ability to smile, speak and chew food the way you did before loss of teeth.
- No dietary restrictions as the appliance allow you to enjoy your favorite solid foods once more.
- Improve your appearance by maintaining the shape of your face
Care of Dentures
It is important to take care of your dentures as you would your natural teeth. Dentures need to be brushed daily to remove food particles and plaque. Brushing can also help prevent them from staining. The general care for this removable appliance inlcudes:
- Thoroughly rinse your dentures before brushing to remove any food particles or debris
- You can prevent dentures from getting scratched by using a soft-bristled tooth brush and gently brushing them with a non-abrasive cleanser
- They should be stored in water to keep them from warping when not in use
- Before placing the appliance back in your mouth, give your mouth rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash to help reduce the risk of irritation and bad breath